From:
Angus Stokes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:39:20 -0000
Harry - this email came to me only today - thought it might be of interest
- plastic not wood!
Angus Stokes UK

>Dear Angus:
Thanks for your response. Our Nuc Box is made of a plastic currigated
material, with handels, entrance, and will hold 4 to 5, 9 5/8" frames. This
material has a uv rating for many years of use. Paul W. Jackson is the
chief
apiary inspector for the state of Texas. He over sees the montitering of
movement by the Afercaized bees.
The Nuc Boxes are set up along a line, spaced evenly for a 200 mile
distance. They are baited with a phormanal scent and the swarms of bees
take
up resident. They are then gassed and put under microwscope for there
identification. Mr. Jackson has over 1000 Nuc Boxes in use at Texas A&M
University. His phone number is 409-845-9714. Mr. Jackson is very
knowledgeable regarding the work he has done I would suggest that you
contact him directly for further information. My distributator for the sale
of our Nuc Boxes is Mann Lake Ltd. Their address is
http://www.mannlakeltd.com Please contact them for all of the pricing and
shipping
info you may have. Wish you the best of luck Angus and thanks again for
your
response.

Regards

Charlie Scott