From:
Bill Ruzicka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:21:13 -0700
Randy in ABJ September issue wrote:

*      DISCUSION

*      >Formic acid is an effective and well-proven Miticide, but with
devilish problems in handling safety

*      and in controlling the vaporization rate such that it will
efficiently kill the mites without excessively harming the bees.

*      MAQS is the most user -friendly formic application method that I have
seen to date.

Randy I admire you for amount of work you dig up and put many times in
layman beekeeper language...

The July "rules for successful beekeeping "is a great example of the good
work.

Unfortunately the above MAQS article is damaging your credibility:

1-Few years ago you give the same high appraisal to MITE AWAY II.

2-There is nothing >. Devilish problems in handling safety< of formic acid
if you have common sense.

3- > controlling the vaporization rate such that it will efficiently kill
the mites without excessively harming the bees. <

The method and dispenser doing all that was developed in 1994 and patented
in 2000;

SEE: http://www.mitegone.com/ the PROBLEM is Formic acid is not registered
as pesticide in USA.

4- Whole trial is SCIENTIFICALLY and STATISTICLY incorrect YOU forgot to do
to your controls the same as it was done to treatment.

A- If you remove all caped brood kill it in mid July when 90 % mites are in
caped cells you will have instant 90% efficacy and you will save the open
brood.

B- If you caged the Queens preventing them from lying, you will have the
same reduction by braking the brood cycle and you will not loose any queens.

 (We both know how effective it is selling Old queens with nukes ME 500 each
year)

C- If you had done all that, you may find out that your control had same
efficacy and only los capped brood TTERE FOR YOU DID NOT NEED ANY ACID.

Bill Ruzicka

Bill's Honey Farm - Home of the MiteGone Formic Acid Treatment
Kelowna, British Columbia,  CANADA
Tel/Fax: 1-250-762-8156 (the best way to reach me is by phone Pacific Time)
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] Website:
<http://www.mitegone.com/> www.mitegone.com