From:
Jeff Holbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:22:40 -0500
All,

        I was reading my e-mail last week, on the 17th to be precise, when I said
to my wife:  Andy (Nachbaur) has not posted or responded to anything in
quite a while.  Today, upon returning home from a weekend of birding I
discovered the reason for Andy's absence.  Wow!   Our loss.  Heavens gain.
I'm sure he would have a comment about that one!

        I too have an Andy folder in my e-mail program.  I also have notes and
replies from Andy scattered throughout my bee subfolders.  I just finished
re-reading all that I could locate.  I consider myself fortunate that I was
able to see the "Old Drone" in action.  That I was able to participate in
threads in which he was involved was an honor.    He was straight and to the
point.  Andy minced no words.  I tended to agree with him more often than
not.  And yes, his posts were always read first.  I will miss him.  I may
not have been in the woods when that oak fell,  I didn't hear it fall but
can see and feel the void that  remains.  That is all that I can add as
others have done better at describing our loss than l could.  Thanks for all
of your insight, wit etc.  You have helped me better understand the bees.

        "Now Andy did you hear about this one....."

   _ _
  (o!o)    Jeff Holbrook
---"-"---  Canton, NY