From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:35:33 -0600
?

> 17.5 % is now officially the average number for normal winter hive loss in
> the U.S..

Please state the source of this "official" figure.

I read the figure in a bulletin explaining the program (Nape- spelling?) in
place for honey crop losses while in the south.  The ABF person I talked to
tonight (post not yet posted) confirmed the figure and said the USDA was
ending the honey bees as part of the disaster program in October.

The AHPA is working on another program ( I forget the name) similar to the
Nape program but you have to be signed up for nape to get into the new
program. You will have to enroll the year before to get coverage. Both
programs I am told involve fees. Works like crop insurance.

I really am not interested in either program due to the red tape involved
for the amount possibly received if you have documented and verified CCD
losses (whatever CCD is).

bob