From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:16:30 -0500
Hello All,
Thanks to Aaron for finding the post I was talking about!
http://listserve.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0011D&L=bee-1&P=R1612
 The archives are a wonderful source of imformation which would otherwise be
lost if talk was only taking place between two beekeepers through regular
email.    November of 2000 when I did the post  there was no response by
Texas & Arizona beekeepers as to the color of the AHB they were working.
Maybe beekeepers will comment this time around?   Just because AHB movement
has slowed to a crawl doesn't mean we  may not have to deal with AHB
sometime in the future.  Be a informed beekeeper!  As per my post
A.mellifera S.  is easily reconized over the darker races of adansonii.
I apoligise to John Edwards for missunderstanding the information he was
looking for. I have never heard (or read) that queens of adansonii were
raised and passed out BEFORE the accidental release. I tried to call my
source of information in another state.  I will see what I can find out
about the subject. Also if I can use his name.  John Edwards probbably has
allready quessed his name.   If John worked with Tabor then he most likely
worked with my friend. My friend has talked about working with Steve Tabor
in Baton Rouge but hasn't talked about working with John Edwards.  My friend
said Steve Tabor was totally obsessed with beekeeping in those days and
every subject they talked about eventually went back to a beekeeping
subject.   The U.S. has been lucky to have had MANY excellent researchers
throughout its beekeeping history.   John Edwards & Steve Tabor are part of
the group.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri