From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2018 21:03:57 -0400
I am not a fan of bee repellents. In my 45 years I've used bee blowers
(which I like when they're working properly), but my main harvest method
has been triangular escape boards. Unfortunately they're very
labor-intensive and this year my hired help have all found other things to
do. So for the first time ever I've resorted to Bee Go. Not a fan of the
smell, though it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The problem
is it's not working as well as I had expected. Perhaps it's a matter of too
little or too much. It didn't work well at first, so I added more and it
worked okay. But my expectations were that all the bees would be out of the
supers in a matter of minutes and I would be able to take the empties away.
That was not reality this afternoon. Not to be redundant but too little was
too little and too much was too much. I have in the past used Fisher's Bee
Quick, but again too little was too little and too much stupefied the bees;
they didn't exit they just stayed there. Is there a sweet spot I'm missing?

So I haven't got the hang of this repellent thing. Can anyone with more
experience give me some pointers?

Aaron Morris - too big to be little and too little to be big!