From:
Judy and Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:40:31 -0500
Hi bee friends.

This thread reminded us of our experiences this past year.  Does anyone know if
bees work marijuana blossoms?

Apparently, some entrepreneur decided to grow a good patch of marijuana on the
neighbors pasture field.  This pasture is directly across from our beehives.
When the neighbor found the patch, he came over here to use our phone.  This
neighbor does not live on this farm, just keeps some cattle there.  The
neighbor and owner is the sheriff of the next county.

The neighbor allowed us to go with him up the hill to look at the plants so we
could identify them if anyone plants some on our land.  He had to call the
state police, who called the national guard to come and destroy it.  They
figured the crop was valued at about half a million (I made a joke about why
are we mowing this down? and the national guard guys did not think I was
funny.)  The patch was about 10 feet by 100 feet with plants every 3 feet or
so.  The plants had already gone to seed and the national guard guys said we
would probably have a lot of wild plants this spring.

Could this be why everyone who tasted our honey always came back to buy more?

Judy in Kentucky, USA