From:
Ken Hoare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:14:18 +0100
Tom asks about disposal of used varroa strips.

I've thought long and hard if the following is irresponsible but cannot see
that it is - THEY APPARENTLY KILL OR DETER WAX MOTHS so before disposing of
them hang a couple between the stored supers.

If this is a foolish action, the back is broad and I would like to be told.

Previously, and after they have finished killing (???) wax moths, I wrap
them in a polythene bag of some kind and place in the dustbin with other
refuse, maybe that is hazardous to the environment but so must so many other
things that go out as household rubbish.

Ken Hoare
Shropshire, UK