From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:38:33 -0600
Hello All,
Things are slowing down now so maybe I can get caught up on the internet. I
have got two reports of large outfits starting to seeing dwindling problems.
One in the U.S. and one in Europe. Too early to fully describe now but the
beekeeper in Europe has a question for the BEE-L ccd team members.

Small beekeepers use para crystals to protect comb for the most part but
most (not all) large beekeepers use a form of phosdin gas or the product in
tablets. many brand names are sold in the U.S. and around the world.

It seems that dwindling is being seen in Europe and like our CCD other bees
and pests are not willing to rob.

The question:
Could the use of the phosdoxin (spelling) tablets or gas ( used in gas
chambers in ww2) be causing comb contamination and the CCD like symptoms.
Has the CCD team ever considered the fumigant ( approved for use on bee comb
in the U.S. and many areas of the world) as a possible source of wax
contamination causing problems like dwindling .

Would the gas concentrated in comb be enough to keep pests and bees from
robbing.

Thanks in advance and I will take opinions off list from the CCD team if you
do not  want to post on the list  and forward the information on to Europe
(leaving out your name if you want me to).

I have different computer now  and have not got Jerry Brumenshenks email
address or I would have sent directly the question to Jerry.

I am making a return call to the U.S. beekeeper seeing problems tomorrow.
So far the only problems I have heard of this season. Again has others on
BEE-L heard of any CCD problems in their areas? If so I would like to speak
with those beekeepers with the problems. Not interested in rumors.

 The correct spelling of Steve Tabers name is Steve Taber.

bob

--
believed to be clean.