Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2014 14:56:01 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
>Although CBPV can exhibit two different sorts field signs (hairless black bees vs overall quivering of bees with high mortality), I often see both signs in an affected colony, and

>Nearly all colonies spontaneously recover, usually quickly.  We routinely restock bees onto combs from affected colonies after various periods of "rest," and have not noticed any pattern of subsequent infection.

Thanks Randy,

I also have seen both types of symptoms in this hive. The duration of symptoms, however, may be somewhat atypical, since there have been symptoms since the beginning of april. Providing sufficient proteins and carbohydrates was not able to resolve the condition.
I wonder if there are other factors involved. I found almost no nosema in the affected bees (I will recheck this week to see what the level is now). There are almost no mites on the bottom board (I treated with oxalic acid mid june and with thymovar since mid july).
I have seen two little blacks yesterday although I removed the oldest and sickest bees 4 weeks ago, so there must still be some virus replicating in the hive. I hope they can keep it under control. The hive is otherwise doing fine and has eagerly taken up the winter feed.

Best regards,

Kris 
Belgium

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2