From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:53:55 -0800
Although Bob was dissed by another in a recent post, I for one, feel that
the List is greatly enriched by his vast beekeeping experience and keen eye.

Bob said:
>Hygienic *alone* is not the solution long term only a big help.

For the near future, I agree.  The "big help" part is the key aspect.
Resistant bees can greatly reduce beekeeper input necessary to manage mites.

> An example is a friends 900 Marla Spivak queen headed  hives only needing
> an OA treatment once a year.

Similar to my experience with my current stock.  With just a bit of help,
most can hold their own.

> Back to Peters post:

Might I add:
30.  React quickly and defensively to movement in front of the entrance or a
shadow across the top bars.

Randy Oliver