From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2015 05:05:29 -0400
a snip from prior comments...
'Have we reached a point where our testing is the problem?  As mentioned before you can find anything about anywhere. Are we trying to be insanely strict??'

I have wondered about this myself since it seem testing long long ago was pretty much limited to parts per million and now we have the technical capacity to test to parts per billion.  So what was not that long ago impossible is now the norm.

Someone mentioned coal fired electrical generation plants in Montana I seem to recall in my reading of ABJ a set of studies long ago relative to some heavy metal that came out of the stack.  My memory seems to suggest that all of a sudden these studies just evaporated as the product of these mines was being distributed on a much wider scale in most of the midwest (I think the coal used in the power plant just south of us comes from Montana).  Anyone know of any studies that would inform of any potential danger coming out of these smoke stacks.

This subject start out reflecting on some ads for honey that stated they were organic when many here I suspect would doubt this claim.  We have a smaller problem here in Texas in that we have legal rules concerning claims you can make concerning the selling of honey and what you can and cannot place on a label but at least here none of these rules are enforced.  So my question is when you do see claims made on Craigs list and similar modern day marketing mechanism who do you file notice with that these claims need to either be withdrawn or verified?  Would or could you post a protest with folks like Criags List that such claims might well be illegal?  What is the process and who do you call?