Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:41:49 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Thanks for the links Peter. I read the first and three from the second...so far. I will follow your references from the first.

I compared the Amino Acids listed and see that the are the same as the recognized essential AA for humans plus histadine, which is considered conditionally essential in neonates and renal patients. Histadine is included in an injectable product I sold called Travasol 8.5%.

I noted also that there is mention of the three branch chain AA's, Lucine, Isolucine and Valine (mnemonic "LIVE"). These are not metabolized in the liver by humans. We supplemented these in cases of hepatic encephalopathy. There is a 4% injectable produc by Baxtert, Branchamin. It is used to overwhelm the aromatic and amoniagenic AA's from being taken up by the L transport system across the Blood Brain Barrier.

The branch chains are used directly in muscle tissue.

I have many more questions now. I'll post the answers I find. I will label any suppositions as such. 

I see that 'milk' was listed. Whey (milk less butterfat) is a good source of protein. It is also peptide based. (AA's form peptides which combine to form protein) Peptides are isotonic and are more digestible in humans. 

Then there is palatability. I noted in your article about a pollinators conference in PA that a colleague at Cornell spoke on attractants. 

I think it highly improbable that we can't produce a nutritionally complete pollen substitute. There are two caveats. They are palatability and cost. 

Thanks again

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2