Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:34:30 -0700
This is strange. I've been around bees all my life. My father was a
beekeeper and didn't think anything of letting me run around the apiary
getting stung when I did the things two year olds are going to do left
unsupervised. I'm a little smarter now, and only get stung on occasion,
usually from something silly. Recently I added a few new (used) hives.
Yesterday I was pushing some hard candy through the entrances because the
weather turned extremely foul and I didn't want to open them up to add food.
I got stung twice. One near my knee and the other near my eyebrow. The knee
sting was typical: it hurt like hell for a few seconds and then I didn't
notice it again. I don't swell or itch. Then the eyebrow one started up...

At first I could tell it was just swelling up a bit. Didn't seem like a big
deal. After a while I could actually see the swelling out of that eye. It
was sort of amusing. Then it started to get sore and it hurt to touch it a
little. As the hours passed it got larger and larger. Eventually it began to
give me flashbacks of my boxing days. I wasn't the only one who made that
association. I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning I could hardly see
out of that eye, it was practically swollen shut. There were no other
symptoms. No nausea, or dizziness, or anything else at all. Just a goofy
looking face. I iced it for a while and now it's back down to the
puffy-boxing look. It's annoying, but I can function.

So what's the deal? Mutant bees? I've read plenty of times how someone who
was previously "immune" can succumb to an allergic reaction. But since I got
stung within a minute in a different location, and didn't have any signs at
all I find that a little strange. Just thought I'd check and see if others
have had similar reactions, or explanations.

Regards,

Bosaiya

.....designs to knock you out.....
http://www.knockoutproductions.com