From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:52:41 -0400
Richard Yarnell wrote:

> Who's going to research it?  Nothing in for the Drug companies.  Not much
> in it for the medical profession at all.  That kind of study takes
> funding, is complex, and in the US, not much "unfettered" money is
> cirulating in academia these days.

Actually, you have it right here, with beekeepers. If there are
beekeepers with pollen allergies and they eat their own honey, then the
use of honey for treating allergies is suspect. If no beekeepers have
pollen allergies, then it works just fine.

I have many people ask me for my unheated honey to treat allergies. But
I note that it has done nothing when it comes to ragweed and me.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Me