From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:57:28 -0400
Andy Nachbaur wrote:
> As for the treatment of bees for Varroa mites  I believe that the majority of beekeepers in the US have been stuck on the pesticide merry-go-around and will not easily find a way off  because their government regulators do not believe they are mature enough to use any farm chemicals reasonably

Hi Andy, can you explain how we could get off the chemical merry go
round if we were allowed to use "any farm chemical".

and has collaborated with the chemical industry to keep them hooked on
chemicals by forcing them to use a few products that do not work as
advertised

My observation is that Apistan (I assume you are refering to it since
its the only chemical we are "forced"? to use) works as advertised. I do
not feel I am forced to use it but that its the only thing available. I
would gladly use another method of control if only someone could tell me
how.

and are inflated in price by 1000x above what they should cost.

That would be $0.0015 each. Sounds good to me but I doubt there is a
business that would do it. The only industry that seems to be able to
work with 3rd world prices is our own. Thats a choice, for whatever
reason, each beekeeper must make, but it wrong to think that others
should.