From:
jim wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 21:10:23 -0700
>On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Keith Hooker wrote:
>
>> As an observation, I have come to the conclusion that bees do not
>> like sweat especially from under my wrist watch strap and therefore
>> remove it and wash my wrist before working bees.  I know only too
>> well that if I wear the watch (it has a metal strap) I will be stung
>> in that area.
>>
>> Do rings work in a similar way?  I have a sygnet ring but the main
>> part is thin and perhaps the finger does not collect sweat like the
>> area under a wrist watch because I am seldom stung on any finger.
>
>My understanding is that the contrast of the strap or band is apparent to
>bees vision and that they are attracted to sting at such places.
>

>W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
>Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
>Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
>Futures, Art & Honey:http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka
>
>Hi. You all might think I'm crazy but I routinely gety stung by 25 to 30
bees every other day as treatment for Multiple Sclerosis. I have been doing
this for almost two years and can report nothing but good results. I have
more stamina & energy. My balance is better and I'm convinced it is keeping
my MS stable.
Any comments are welcome.
I also have a web page under construction
http://www.pacificrim.net/~jwolf
Jim Wolf
It's a small world
But, I wouldn't want to clean it!