From:
Floyd Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2016 18:55:52 -0500
Hi All; Yesterday (1/6/16) I gave my bees OA dribble treatment 1-10-10 www, so today I went back to check on them. I was a bit surprised at what I noted. There were a few dead bees in front of each hive as expected and several dead drone larvae in front of the hive that I found the mites in. What I did not expect was the bees were bringing in loads of pollen at a rate of 10 to 15 bees per minute at each hive. Pollen color was light yellow, light green and orange but most was the light yellow. Is there any correlation between the OA treatment and their starting to forage again or could it be that they are starting to raise spring brood or something else altogether? I do not really know what to make of it or to expect from them foraging so early.

Cheers