From:
Fernando Silveira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1992 08:38:50 CST
Well, we might think of any good reason for eating bees, but I don't
know of any one that do have this dietary habit, in America or elsewhere.
But, if you allow me to talk of America sensu lato, I do know that braz-
ilian indians have taught european settlers to eat the abdomen of queen
ants of the genus Atta (leaf cutter ants) at the occasion of the matting
flights. One can every once in a while find someone in Brazil that
appreciates this delicacy, fresh or fried...