From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 16:59:39 -0700
James Meehan wrote:

> I am using a division board feeder and have noticed a bunch of ants gathering
> on top of my inner cover.  Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

        You may get ants with or without a feeder. An Easy way to get
rid of ants on the inner cover, and don't ask me how it works, is to
place soe fresh greens between the inner and to covers. The old gent who
told me about this said grape leaves are best. I do use grape leaves
when available but have had equal success with sumac fronds, golden rod,
or just about any leafy weed i find. Be sure to cover the entire inner
cover. If you cover just one side you may find the ants on the other
side next visit.