From:
Eleanor Musarurwa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:42:50 -0500
This message is for those list serv members who may be interested in volunteering their time and expertise to help struggling farmers in Southern Africa.

Hi my name is Eleanor Musarurwa and I am a recruiter for CNFA's Agribusiness Volunteer Program. The Agribusiness Volunteer Program, that brings American agriculturalists together with African farmers to transfer technical know-how and increase farmers productivity and incomes. CNFA is an implementer of the Farmer-to-Farmer that is administered by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).The FTF Program has been a winner of the Presidential Hunger Award and been recognized as being successful in providing efficient and cost-effective assistance.

I am contacting you in the hope that many of you might be interested in participating in our exciting program. I am currently recruiting volunteers for three beekeeping assignments in Zimbabwe:

Applied Marketing: Train the members of a beekeepers association and the staff of a local NGO to identify new markets; negotiate contracts, create a marketing plan.

Plant Management: Train the members of beekeepers' association and the staff of a local NGO to better manage honey processing plant, explore alternative honey processing techniques  and technology and develop operational plans.

Hive-Cost Construction: Train the members beekeeping association and the staff of a local NGO to explore appropriate hives and hive construction, reduce hive construction costs, and promote sustainable development

All 3 assignments are three weeks long. CNFA covers all the volunteer's expenses(airfare, lodging, transportation, food, travel insurance ), makes all the logistical arrangements and provides a translator. The volunteer provides his/her time and expertise. In compliance with program regulations, participation in this program is limited to US citizens.

It is a great opportunity to travel and extend your agricultural expertise to farmers in other countries. If you are interested in any of these assignments, or know someone in your networks that may be, please feel free to call or send a resume/cv or biographical sketch to:

Eleanor Musarurwa at: email:[log in to unmask] ;PHONE: 1-888-872-2632;FAX: 202-296-3948 We are always looking for new volunteers!

Thank you,
Eleanor
http://www.cnfa.org