From:
David Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 00:14:15 -0500
It is too bad that a discussion on splits on a beekeeping net is not about
creating nucs.

The popularity of this list shows that hobbyist and commercial beekeepers
need a bulletin board they can call their own.  We non-scientists have
intruded and some of us have forgotten some of our manners.  But since we
have disovered this board, I imagine the only practical resolution for the
scientists would be for them to form another list.  In time, we would find
that list also, but hopefully, we would respect their needs and listen only.

My only complaint is with some of the trivial questions asked.  I urge these
posters to avail themselves of local associations and technical advisors
(extension agents, etc), to read book or two, and get a subscription to a
national journal.  You can learn so much, so quickly, from talking to more
experienced beekeepers than you can from e-mail.

Cheers,
David Morris
Laurel, MD, USA