From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:46:57 -0000
Hi Scott,

I think that you didn't boil it long enough, and probably didn't beat it
enough either, I use the mnemonic of 1,2,3,4,5, to remember the formula;
one part water to 5 parts sugar by weight, and boil to a temperature of 234
degrees Fahrenheit. Take off heat and cool rapidly stirring continuously,
when mixture starts to whiten pour off into containers, this must be done
quickly or the candy will harden as it pours.

I have never use cream of tartar

Ruary Rudd