From:
Ham Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:32:03 -0500
I have read several articles on instlling queens. It seams that a common
thread is that the old hive should be queenless for at lreast 24 hours
before installing the new queen. There are differences in removing the
attendants or not. I know my time will be limited so I'm trying to make up
my mind as to whether I remove the attendants or not.

I live in the Raleigh of North Carolina and plan to make splits in mid
March and install new queens in the new split. Does anyone have any
recommendations whether to remove the attendants or not remove??

Thanks in advance for your help!!!