From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:28:46 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Peter
Edwards <[log in to unmask]> writes
>I think that you have to make that at least 3 miles - and packers here are
>specifying 6 miles to avoid GM crops.  That gives 72391.68 acres!
Ratnieks measured bees going 7 miles (11km) for heather. Surely they
will do that for OSR as well. So, when the public require to be
reassured that there is no GM source of honey, even though we are not
talking organic, then each location requires a minimum of 50 sq miles
(120 sq km). Soon, there is going to be no space left in our small
island.
--
James Kilty
UK