From:
Kevin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2013 11:23:36 -0500
Peter>You have a lot to learn, my friend.

yes sir, i do.  that is why i am here, and i appreciate your mail.

others on the list have done well to point out that the prerequisite to defining 'sustainable' is to first define 'goals'.

i am assuming that maximizing bee health while minimizing cost would be a goal common to any beekeeper.

Kevin> i would venture to say that there is not one beekeeper who looks forward to the day when 'sustainable' alternatives are available, affordable, and increase the 'yield' as well.

this was in response to Ted's comment regarding the encouragement of others in the pursuit for alternatives.

i was attempting to acknowledge this pursuit is exactly what folks like yourself, Randy Oliver, and others are engaged in.

better stated, 'we all have a lot to learn, beekeeping community'.

i find myself entering the fray at a challenging yet interesting time.  admittedly, it's a lot of the 'fun' for me.

like Randy, i openly welcome any opportunites to further my understanding of all this.

i try to be 'teachable', thanks again Peter.