From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:53:39 -0500
Greetings
Many of the questions that pop up from time to time on this list could be easily answered by a quick trip to any of the great books written on bees. I suggest that every beekeeper should own Root's ABC & XYZ of Bee Culture, at least. (I have three versions of it.) The Hive and the Honeybee (Dadant) makes a good complement to the ABC. Thereare many others just as good. You don't need to buy a brand new one, try used book stores. Most beekeeping practices have changed very little over the years and the most recent discoveries can be found on the internet or in discussion groups like this.

Example from ABC & XYZ (1978):

Low temperatures can also be used to destroy all stages of the greater wax moth.

Temperature (F) Time in hours
20      -       4.5
10      -       3.0
05      -       2.0