From:
Bob Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:33:20 -0500
I  read last months ABJ article concerning beekeeping in Brazil and noted
the prodigious nectar output of eucalyptus. Does anyone have any experience
with eucalyptus in the USA? According to what I have found so far, there
are over 700 species of eucalyptus, many of which are hardy enough for at
least the southern half of the country. Many of these varieties bloom most
of the year and others are seasonally specific; it would be possible to
have blooms in each season if a mix of species were planted! I would be
interested to hear from experience.
Bob Young
Lindale,TX