From:
"Gary C. Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:53:43 -0800
Hi Bee Folks,
   I have a catalog here from the "Walter T. Kelly, Co.". They have
plastic, bottom boards, inner covers and telescoping covers all made
from cast plastic. (high temp and pressure molding?) Has anyone used
these parts on their hives?
   I can see where they could be very useful especially the
inner-covers, the wood framed covers only last a few seasons and then
rot. The plastic bottom board has a 1/8 inch lip to hold the bottom
super in until the bees propolize it in place.
   The plastic top seems like a good idea also but I am wondering if the
plastic would hold in to much moister or even add to condensation within
the hives.
   The prices aren't to much out of line for the same type wooden parts
The outer cover is a bit more.
   So if anyone has used these items I would like to hear what they have
to say about them. They seem like they would be a plus overall.

Gary C. Lewis
Duke Center, Pa.