From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:01:51 -0600
Brian said:
> An article that supports my own views on sustainability in Agriculture and
> what's wrong with
> migratory beekeeping.

Our nation ( and many writers for the New York Times) is rapidly becoming a
nation of finger pointers. The article solves what? What good is an article
without at least a possible solution to the problem Michael thinks he sees?

Michael does seem to have most his facts correct at least on the bee part.
Wish he would have listed a source.

However on the drug resistant staph the article would have been better if he
would have pointed out that disinfectant will not solve the problem and
sterilization of old hospitals is not possible. The problem will increase.
Old hospitals will continue to be reservoirs for staph.

"Pimping bees is the whole of the almond business for these beekeepers since
almond honey is so bitter as to be worthless"

If I were to guess I would say Mr.. Michael Pollan has read one of my five
articles on the Australian bee import or one of the several on almond
pollination.  He lists no sources but a couple things he said sounds like
information from my first article.

in one of my articles I said migratory beekeepers are like ladies of the
night as both" come in the night and charge for their services" Also in two
articles I spoke of almond honey being bitter and worthless as a honey.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

I doubt beekeepers will ever serve time for "pimping" honey bees.

--
believed to be clean.