From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:01:06 -0600
> Or they wasted a lot of time and wore themselves out working?  I have yet
> to rear a frame of brood from soyflower of any type ALONE, here in
> central California, but would be interested if others have without
> benefit of pollen or other proteins.

Yeah, I heard you loud and clear on that and also heard Mark last year.
Am about to order a pallet of yeast from Spry Dry for this year's feeding.
Can't decide whether to drive to California to get it or just have a truck
bring it up.  Guess the second approach would be much cheaper and easier,
but ir is about 5 to 10 below (F) here these days and I'm getting cabin
fever. Don't know when they will have the good oven working -- I guess
I'll have to phone.

The soy in the web picture is just to keep the bees out of the neighbours'
chop bins and maybe together with incoming pollen it does some good, but I
don't know.  I still have almost a pallet of it and it keeps them out of
trouble. aSome observant farmers get annoyed when their prize cattle won't
eat from dawn to dusk 'cause the feeders are chock full of bees.  How well
does the yeast work for open feeding?

 http://www.internode.net/Honeybee/unwrap.htm

> Worked good for me, really enjoy this type of beekeeping Internet site,
> good effort.

Thanks Andy.  I had fun making it and have a bunch more pictures to put
up but my new scanner just will not work (spent days on it).  Gonna get a
P2 with a VX board and MAKE that sucker scan.  Soon.

Allen