From:
dgaroutte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:54:04 -0700
My brother and I had the opportunity to remove several hives that had been
in the walls  of an old gun club.  There were 8-10 different hives. They
were all healthy but one.  One was really mean and we thought it might be
queenless.  I rigged up a shop vacum and fed it into a box for the bees.
(there are directions for it on the net somewhere) Anyway it worked really
slick and we ended up with several good hives, lots of honey and wax.  We
tried removing them without the bee vac but it was really destructive to the
bees. They were going to spray the bees if we didn't take them as they
wanted to reside and paint the building. It took several days even with the
bee vac. It was an adventure!!! Good luck.