From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:23:25 -0800
  Hello to all,

Randy O. wrote,

.  There are places in
> California that you could throw a rock in any direction and hear it bounce
> off the lid of a bee hive.

Randy, I think most out-of-staters think Calif is wide open. Up your way I
can think of 8-12 keepers that all run over 10,000 hives a piece, all within
a 50 mile stretch (that's 100,000 hives plus ). We won't mention the 2 to 5
thousand hive guy's here.

 Every out of state colony that
> collapses in almonds leaves a good supply of its mites here in the Golden
> State.

I think we should put a sur-charge on all bees coming into the state, in
other words, at the border two dollars a hive, or go back where you came
from.

Randy, I find most that write about Calif  beekeeping that don't live here,
still don't get it. I think they should write about their experiences in
their own state and leave writing about almonds and Calif beekeeping to us
that run our outfits here 24-7.

Keith Jarrett