From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:35:27 -0800
Stan,
The sandbox analogy might be more appropriate to drifting bees in yards than
comb transfer.

Reply:
No it is not. For have never seen a problem with comb transfer unless you stupid enough to transfer combs with obvious disease in them, and same for honey/pollen filled frames. And, I repeat that.....I have never seen a problem. and in fact now knowing what I know about the microbal inferfacing that can be in the thousands, it certainly fits into place on a clean natural system of beekeeping, rather then something Nature is trying to put down fwiw.

So again,.....Does it give colonies so introduced good or bad vectors of pathogens? For
if never exposed, how can one get/stay healthy??? Now here with micro organisms one cannot see, and taken from healthy looking colonies, then things would pretty much be in balance with the good and bad in harmony balanced by the bees fwiw with combs exchanged....and this is now coming more to light with what is being seen.  For there is benefit to be gained in fresh exchanging of combs with food or frest wets or other..

 Also, AFB is one of the easiest to be seen and more then 6-8 per frame seen, I would get rid of combs and melt down. But less then that amount, NO problem, for the bees take care of it........themselves. and this past year i had perhaps 1 hive or so to deal with, like big deal!!!

continuing:
I don't know, and it was not an issue back when they did the study I
posted.

Reply:
Then no issue, no problem until you have a problem and changes have to be made.

Dee