From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2017 22:16:59 -0300
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Justin Kay wrote:

> >>  but I couldn't help but tell my 2 queen hive story:
>
>   >Dr. Tarpy looked at us and said "Tie?" His assistant didn't care who
> won, caged one of the queens immediately, happy to have a spare queen when
> in need of a split.

If it is a proper supersedure queen and we are cheking from end of autumn
till middle spring, we will see one marked with color code and a newer one
without paiting.

We do not take old or new one queens out. we use to, but learned not to do
it.
 We leave that colony by its own "Two Engine" setting and take care for
swarming control since it will be an early starter. The old queen could be
found dead on the ground in front of the colony from mid spring on. For
swarming it will make new cells.