From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2011 04:53:21 -0500
>On the other hand, the news about Chinese "nohey" crap entering the USA
>and
European market should be worrysome in the sense of keeping the price down?

News?

China honey keeps getting past regulators  and I have heard
less than a buck a pound if picked up at ports.

I refuse to buy!

>Finally the same sources indicate that 66% of the app 70.000 ton of
Argentinean 2011 honey crop are already sold, plus the low NH production
indicate a surge in honey price, reality or which full thinking?

reality as far as the largest Argentine honey producers.

The truth is U.S. beekeepers like the Argentine beekeeper honey as much of
the honey is dark and packers buy our light honey to mix. Packers want the
extra light to water white all the time and most of what is produced in the
Midwest falls into the category.

Argentina our friend. China a dumper of honey on the U.S.

>How much will the current financial crisis affect the honey market?

You start to worry when your check has not arrived and the buyer keeps
telling you your check is in the mail.

Get payment at time of delivery.  if possible  in gold or silver .

>Any fact based comments are welcome.

My comments are fact based but conditions can change. Argentine crop mostly
spoken for is fact but mostly handshake agreements right now. Two very very
large packers involved.

bob