From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:20:29 -0700
On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Barry Birkey wrote:

> Steven Albritton wrote:
> >
> > With all the problems of low bee populations, I wonder if the Federal Gov.
> > has any programs to help begining beekeepers.  I started with two hives this
> > year and plan to expand next year.  This can be expensive and will be done
> > slowly  unless there is some type of program available.
> > Steven Albritton
> > LDS Communications, Sports America, Chavin Honey Farms
> > Monroe, Louisiana
>
> Like Kevin Parsons stated, let's not look to the Feds for the things we would like. The
> best way is "done slowly" by our own means as you have stated Steve. I'm glad you
> have started with your two hives. Next year you'll probably get a few more going from
> swarms or splits. Make as much of your own equipment as you can.

 Hello All, I agree in not looking to the feds for help expanding.We need
to get thru the mite problem so we will not loose as many hives every
winter.Fed money is very hard to get and we need to pull back and use it
only for those things that are very critical.
 I'm going up 200 hives myself above the 60 that I have now.It costs $ to
make  $.There is no free lunch.Do the best that you can on your own.
 Best Regards
 Roy