From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 18:53:26 -0400
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Charles wrote:

> As for the Data on chemicals in the hive,  a quick search....  Or contact
> Dennis.  Like I said I think Neonics were 19 on the list.  Of actual Items
> found sorted by levels.

Sorting them by levels is not a very useful exercise.  You have to multiply
the level by the toxicity.  So, I believe that chlorothalonil was the
number one on the list by level.  I just went to the product label and it
says for LD 50 for honeybees (contact) "no more than slightly toxic" and
for relative toxicity for honeybees "practically non toxic".

Now in my opinion this is bullshit.  Fungicides are likely having a lot of
sub lethal effects.   But regardless, the fact that neonics are lower level
is not much of an argument because they are lethal at tiny levels and have
sub lethal effects at incredibly tiny levels.  You have to consider level
and toxicity.   Similarly the beekeeper applied contaminants are not toxic
at tiny levels to bees or they would not have been chosen as mite control
products.  This is not to defend them;  they also are bad,  but not at the
same level.

Stan