From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2015 20:12:16 +0200
As it has been talked on bee-l, few months back SHB was found in
Southern Italy

This has raised quite a lot of interest also here in Finland as many
packages were imported last summer and queens are imported every year
from Italy.

I would like to know what is the northernmost problems areas with SHB in
US/Canada.

I know that it has been detected in northern states, but is it just
found or is there really problems with collapsing colonies and frames
waiting for extracting.

If these real problems in beekeeping caused by SHB have some northern
limit in North America, what would that be ?

Ari Seppälä
Beekeeping advicer
Finland

62°01'44.8"N 25°29'17.9"E