Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2015 05:55:54 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
>But here is my point, many habitats if developed together can benifit both game birds and insects, even specialized insects like honey bees... Would it not be easier to work with already developed and highly respected groups for game birds and other animals that have in roads to farmers already to develope a joint program? After all many game birds eat insects too!

It's a dying culture. I ran a trap line all winter when I was a kid. Walked the trap line every day before school, carried a shotgun and got a few ducks. Hunted pheasants every fall. Used to stop the mower when I got close to them in the hay field. Old man would give me hell for leaving that little island:-)

I remember the coveys of quail. I wonder if they're coming back in S. Colorado where I grew up. Farmers all sold the water off so there is lots of prairie there now. Every spring the old man would hatch out some quail eggs and let them loose about the middle of summer.

But no one can trap anymore, no one wears fur, everyone want to protect the birds and animals. Sucks IMO.

I taught my kids to hunt but they have no interest now. My grandkids couldn't be bothered. Won't even help me with my bees.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2