From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2017 14:53:19 -0600
I realize that you like to use hyperbole to initiate discussion, Charlie, but don't you think that claiming "almost zero progress" is a bit of an extreme overstatement?

Possibly  but did you read the attached?  The summary of the results of feeding cottonseed meal??  Read to me the same as what I see written now.  We may think we know a lot more about bee nutrition,  but in casual looking at the results of feeding,  (we don't have any real data to compare) it looks to me like we are in exactly the same spot.
We know feeding supplemental feed,  be it cottonseed meal or a current pollen sub, leaves us in the same place of winter dwindle.  The same can bee said about mid winter feedings,  seems to help boom sooner,  but again  they knew that 100 years back.

I don't see much progress as our discussion now 100 years later has no real solid answers either.

Giving Credit to the work Kirk and you did on dry subs,  we may be headed for progress,  but it sure is slow.  Compare that to the work on other
livestock.

It seems to me by now we should know how and what to feed to create great winter bees of fantastic nutrition, exactly when we need to start, and the effects of that feed on maximizing the buildup.   As I see it right now we just put it in the box and say 3 hail Marry's

How do you see it?? Do you think we have made much progress?

Charles