From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2016 09:19:30 -0600
SHB do not enter or lay into any cell, much less a queen cell.

Sorry Steve,  your completely Mistaken.   Jamie Ellis has documented it as well as others  I have photos also   (Bee Culture march  2015  I think)

There are others also who have documented it.

The beetle will oviposit into the capped cell from the side in a cell adjacent.  Those  larvae then hatch and feed on the bee pupa.

I suspect more hygienic bees catch it very quickly,  others not so much.   My best count was 22 SHB larve in one cell.

Its difficult to catch as the larve move so quickly and as they age they move thru the cell walls into other brood.  The only way I found to photograph it was to freeze the frame and try to photograph it then.

Charles