From:
Gary Plazyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:05:56 -0500
Hi!

I found that Google Maps has aerial imagery of astonishing resolution.  Zooming in on my property at the highest resolution, I can actually see and count my beehives!  That's a resolution of better than 6" on the ground per screen pixel!  (Resolution may vary by location; I'm in rural northern Illinois.)

Go to http://maps.google.com/ and click on "Set default location"; then type in your address, city, state, and zip code and click "Save".  Then click on "Satellite" view.  Move your cursor to the point you want to focus on, right-click, and select "Center map here".  Then push the zoom slide indicator all the way up to get maximum resolution.  Amazing!

It's also a time machine, since my hives have been gone for three years...  (I don't know how to find the actual date of the imagery.)

Very best regards,

-Gary P. (in rural northern Illinois near Marengo, between Elgin and Rockford IL)

Gary Plazyk, [log in to unmask]
Fuzzy Bear Farm
http://profiles.yahoo.com/g_plazyk
http://www.BearCreekMusic.us
http://www.RavenswoodMorris.org

"Music is too important to leave to the professionals." -Robert Shaw