From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 02:13:17 +0000
 Some may need a definition of Horizontal gene transfer.  This simply means nature took some DNA component from one species and moved an exact copy of that DNA into some other species where that component never existed before by some mechanism other than breeding.  My example of snake DNA getting moved into cattle is an example of horizontal gene transfer.  Another good example is the lizard DNA found in Elephants.  As we look closer at sequences in various species more and more examples of such horizontal transfer are being found.  The most common such movement is incorporation of parts of various viral sequences into plants or animals as a result of infection by that virus.  But, there are lots of other ways horizontal transfer can happen.  This is simply unregulated and uncontrolled formation of new GMOs.  It has happened to you and to me.  Nature has been at this game for almost 4 billion years and plays the game very effectively.

Dick