From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 23:10:34 -0700
Hi all on BEE-L

Checking email on BEE-L now after working bees in field for
few days and just read besides others:

Paul Harvey... the news commentator said that Alabama's
honey bees have beenwiped out by a virus... anyone know
what's up with that?

Reply:
So I called my dear friend Bill Gafford VP of the Ala
Beekeepers State Assoc and asked what was up.

He said he is having NO PROBLEMS with his small black
caucasians on 4.9mm foundation (whole outfit) but that
Italian beekeepers were having paralysis problems and bees
were dying.

We talked a long time about this.

Kinda makes one wonder what part neurotoxic chemicals and
varroa play in this, besides enlarged combs!

Regards,

Dee