Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:18:47 EDT
Dave defines a drench as a thick bead of syrup on the top bar.  The
dictionary defines a drench as:

    1. to wet thoroughly; soak.    2. to saturate by immersion in a liquid;
steep.    3. to cover or fill completely; bathe: trees  drenched with
sunlight.     4.
Veterinary  Medicine. to administer a draft of medicine to (an  animal),
esp. by force.

My understanding of the drench method was that bees would get a coating -
I'd limit that to a spray or mist, or I've heard of dribbling it into the
colony  - but the point of the drench was that the bees have no choice regards
taking  the medicine, they HAVE to clean it off themselves.

Thus, colonies heavily infested with Nosema that won't take feed (and I'd
classify a heavy syrup bead as feed) are forced to ingest some of the
fumidil.

Jerry