From:
"Karen M. Ferner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 07:56:47 -0400
Hi all.  My husband and I just got our bees.  They came up from Florida
(to Rochester, NY) last Thursday.  As usual, the weather here is and has
been cold.  When picking up the bees, it hailed for 5 minutes.  The
weather looks like it will stay within 45-65 the rest of the week.  We
found chilled brood in some hives and are wondering if we should start
feeding them.  They are in apple orchards which are blooming and would be
great if it was warm enough.  Will the bees stay inside to clean up the
dead brood or will they venture out in the sunny periods, even though
it's a bit chilly?  We have friends who are not too worried and say they
will be fine.  Are we being too panicky?  It's 47 right now and isn't
supposed to go past 57 today, but some sun is expected.  Sorry if this is
a simple question for all you experts, maybe you can give us your opinion!
Thanks in advance for your help.

Karen Ferner