From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 10:11:24 -0500
On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, RICHARD E BONNEY wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The Honey Producer Magazine, v27 no 3, carried a letter to the editor
> pushing "the "natural miticide" called Mite Solution. According to the
> letter, Mite Solution "is registered with the EPA and all ingredients have
> been approved by the FDA." I only have a copy of this letter and it does
> not show an author. However, an accompanying sheet says to contact
> Drapers Super Bee for further information (and to buy the solution.)
>
> Can anyone shed any light on what is going on?

        I looked into this last summer. The EPA, FDA, and patent numbers
were all fake. The stuff is overpriced and no research or testing has been
done. I ran a small experiment (35 colonies) and gave up because the
results were poor and I could'nt waste time on somthing that was'nt working.

        I think Dr. Calderones work with Thymol is more promising.

  bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
  b                                                              b
  b    Vince & Carole Coppola                [log in to unmask]   b
  b    Coppola Apiaries,                     (716)965-2904       b
  b    10220 Bradigan Rd.                                        b
  b    Forestville, N.Y. 14062                                   b
  b                                                              b
  b    Queens bred for tracheal mite resistance                  b
  b    Honey , Pollination                                       b
  b    Western New York Beekeepers Association                   b