From:
Barry Sergeant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:12:53 -0400
I read about a wax moth trap, quickly, during a flash visit to another
beekeeper. The article mentioned the following ingredients: two litre
soda pop plastic bottle, sugar, vinegar, and banana peels. But it did
not describe how to offer entry to the moths, nor the quantities to be
mixed.

The trap was claimed to be highly effective.  Has anyone tried it? If so
please comment on the formula for the mixture, how often it should be
replaced and its effectiveness. We are in spring and moth activity is
imminent.

Barry Sergeant
Kyalami
South Africa