From:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 21:30:32 -0800
> I have not seen direct evidence that b. spores contained in honey alone cause botulism outbreaks in healthy infants.
It is my understanding that normal healthy infants are not impacted by
oral intake of the spores.  A few otherwise healthy infants have
digestive systems that do allow the growth of the bacteria.  It is these
few children who are at risk of contracting infant botulism.  Does
anyone have any information contrary to this understanding.  I do not,
now, recall where I got this idea.

Tom Elliott
Chugiak, AK